6-year-old boy severely burned after accidental backyard bonfire explosion

A six-year-old boy suffered second and third degree burns over more than half his body after a bonfire accidentally exploding during a gathering he was attending in Prescott, Arizona.

According to family, the boy, Carson, was at the neighbor’s house when an adult at the gathering poured gasoline on the flames. When they set the gas can down the fire exploded and Carson caught on fire.

Carson was transported to a local hospital before being flown to a burn unit in Phoenix. When his mother Chelsea Colvin arrived and saw her son for the first time she said she “fell to my knees because he was burnt everywhere.”